Thursday, June 29, 2006

Flips Flops: Day 1

Today I went to the Arlington Racetrack with my mom, sister, cousin Tony, Auntie Ro, and nani. It was fun except I lost about 6 dollars. None of my horses won! I also wore flip flops for the first time since my surgery! My feet still aren't "pretty..." because the scars are still red and all awkward looking and the skin is still coming off. I had to wear bandaids over where the flip flop straps went over my scar because it's sensitive. As for the shape of my foot, it's normal! However, I found myself hiding my feet. I've been doing it for 20 years...always hiding my feet and hardly ever wearing flip flops, especially in public because there are so many people; so now I have to get used to the fact that there's nothing to be embarrassed about anymore! It'll just take time.

My feet have been going between being swollen and not in the blink of an eye. I keep my feet down and a little bit later they start hurting and if I push on my toes it feels like...mushy...like water is being retained between my skin and bones. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters