Monday, June 19, 2006

Old Skin

So another bad part of having bunion surgery is that once all the bandages are off, you skin falls off. Haha for real though...because no moisture reaches your feet for about 2 weeks, once the bandages are off, you start walking on your feet, getting them wet, etc., the old skin wrinkles up and starts falling off, exposing fresh, new skin thats softer than a baby's bottom. Not only on my feet...but also on my legs! Yeah it's a little gross...but it's hard as hell to shave when your feet are elevated 2 1/2 feet in the air, covered in bandages and plastic bags to keep them from getting wet, sitting on the shower floor (ew), and trying to concentrate on not getting your feet wet. Add in a tailbone that starts aching from the position, and the last thing on your mind is shaving. I would try, but I didn't do a good job. So when I got my first good shave about 5 days ago, the razor kept getting plugged up, not with hair...but with old skin that was blocking the razors. Sorry if this post is gross...but it's true!! So even to this day, my skin on my legs is still not normal, but I think another day or two will have them completely exfoliated. As for my feet, I used a pumice stone tonight in the shower to get all the skin off my feet. It took about 15 minutes, but it was well worth it. I moisturized when I got out, and my feet look sooo much nicer.

Yeah I just proof-read this and it's kinda too much information...haha sorry!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi its me i am glad to hear all the good things about your feet now, and how they look after all that pampering and no you do not give to much info. its interesting.keep on with all good news when are we going to see new pictures? i bet they look booteful ha ha byebye nani

June 20, 2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters