Monday, June 12, 2006

Lots of Bruising

Today was a pretty easy going day. Nothing significant happened except tonight we went to my cousins' Rosemarie and Matt's house. It was nice getting out of the house for a while since I won't really be out in public again till Thursday's post-op appointment. One thing I have noticed is, while the swelling is definitely going down (I had to tighten my bandages today because they were really loose), I am developing a lot of bruising. I took a few pictures, but the pictures don't do the bruises justice (just ask my cousin Rosemarie..she was a little disgusted haha)...here they are:

This is the outside (under the pinkie toe) of my right foot. I think this is from me unconsciously walking on the heel and the outsides of my feet so much since I'm scared to put weight on my foot as a whole. The yellow is the iodine from the surgery (I can't get it all off), and the bruising is the red.

Same foot, same bruise, just a little farther away hehe

Inner left foot, it looks much worse in person. Almost the whole inner foot is black and blue.

Little closer up

My second toe on both feet is completely black and blue even though this pic is blurry and it's not coming out very well. But you can still see some discoloration

I can't believe that, as of Thursday, I can pretty much do everything. I can get my feet wet, swim, drive, walk in gym shoes (not open sandals yet), and walk normally. I will also have to start doing exercises such as rolling onto my toes and bending them back and forth to get them moving again. I remember I was so scared that my ENTIRE summer was going to be blown...but since I'm healing so well and so quickly, I think I will be good to go by the end of June (another 2 1/2 weeks).

Anyways, my sister still hasn't uploaded the pictures from the planetarium!!! Soooo...I'll post those asap.

Until tomorrow! :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosemarie said...

we were so glad you all could come over! (bad geena, i'll remember this!).

Hey did you start reading outlander yet? do you plan on reading it?

June 13, 2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger Trendi said...

yeah i started it before, read to about page 5 and thought it was boring, but i decided to give it another shot so today i read the first chapter and i really liked it so im gunna keep going :-)

June 13, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Hey! As many have said before, your blog has been seriously amazing in my recovery! I'm 24 and just had a double bunionectomy and tendonectomy on my 2 second toes. I'm a nursing student so it's pretty vital to get both done on my summer break and to have great feet. ;-)

I've been pretty nervous since I seem to be progressing faster than I've heard from most (even you). My Pod said that I could weight bear as tolerated after the 3rd day. The first few days were absolutely awful, as you described.

I'm now 6 days post op and can stand unassisted without pain for a few minutes and can walk with a walker for about 10 minutes. I consider myself pretty healthy and thin, but this was faster than I expected. The only thing that still bugs me is the swelling, but even that is going down pretty rapidly.

So, I guess that's good? I don't know! Can't really chat with my Pod until my 2nd post op appointment next week. We'll see. =)

Thank you again for your blog and sorry if this is so long!

July 16, 2012 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters