Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Thought Today Was Supposed to be Painful?

It's 7:00pm. I had my surgery about 35 1/2 hours ago. From what I was told and from other people's testimonials, supposedly days 2-4 are supposed to be the worst. But so far, so good! I've been on top of my Vicodin and haven't been over about a 4 on the pain scale today except for about 10 minutes earlier when I was at about a 6 when I was waiting for my dose of Vicodin to kick in. I just took my anti-inflammatory which will lessen the pain a lot as soon as that kicks in since a big reason why my feet hurt is because of the swelling.

My family has been so great through this whole thing. My mom, dad, and sister have been there for me 110% and whenever I need them they drop everything and help me. From carrying me up the stairs (Thanks Daddy), to pulling me across the hardwood floors in the kitchen to get to the bathroom so I don't have to crawl (Thanks sis), to EVERYTHING in between (Thanks Mommy), I couldn't ask for a better family. Also, everyone else in my family has come to visit me. My cousin brought me a bunch of books that I wanted to read, my grandparents have made me dinner 2 days in a row, and just everyone has been great. I'm so lucky to have a family like mine. :-)

Anywho..tonight is a 4-episode marathon of NBC's The Office (hilarious), and that starts in 4 minutes!! Hopefully tonight will be better than last night.

Until tomorrow,

Tootsies

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

July 01, 2006 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

July 17, 2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first 3 days were the worst for me. I had bunion surgery on my left foot on 11/16/12. I am a 24 year old female with Rheumatoid Arthritis, so I knew if I didnt fix them now, I would have to fix them eventually. I had the same surgery as you with the big toe being realigned with screws. I havent felt any pain since the first three days. I have been walking pretty good without crutches even thought im on strict non-weight bearing instructions. Im just way too independent to be laying around all day. I even went black friday shopping the week after my surgery and everyone looked at me like i was crazy lol I had my stitches removed on 11/28/12 and although I do have a huge scar, my feet look great and I do not regret the surgery. I cant wait to get the right foot done and have this all behind me!

December 09, 2012 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters