Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Ahh...I Love Vicodin

So the pain in my feet started to become unbearable...it was such a strange sensation. I've never felt pain like that before..and I complained about a stupid stomach-ache. Haha I would have a stomach-ache anyday over this!! Anywho...I took a Vicodin pill at 2:15, and I started to feel its effects 30 minutes later in one foot, and full potency after an hour. I don't get all 'high' off of vicodin like so many people claim it does to them. I'd rather have it this way though. My nani and grandpa are here now with homemade chicken soup and it wouldn't be very...uhh...appropriate if I was acting all weird. Hehehe...

So thank GOD my feet feel better. For a while the pain got so intense (remember...only on the outsides of my feet since they were less-numbed up and therefore wore off faster), I started tearing a little and was clenching my fists and could hardly sit still. There's a tingling feeling now but I'll take anything over the constant, not throbbing, pain that I was experiencing.

Going to the bathroom is a full-time job. First I have to carefully lower myself to the ground from the couch...gotta use those triceps. Then I scoot over the carpet to the kitchen where my sister pulls me to the bathroom since I can slide on the hardwood floors. Then I have to put one hand on the toilet seat (ugh) and the other wherever I can put it and lift myself up. Repeat the process going back to the couch....fix my 3 pillows under my feet, and lay back down. 10 minutes to go to the bathroom is the most excitement I have since the rest of my time is spent laying on the couch, going online, watching Food Network, and playing Sudoku. Double bunionectomy life is extremely invigorating.

Ok well time for soup, grapes, and pudding :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww natalie i love you! your so funny about your cool blog! if you need anything sweetie il be there for you ;-]

May 31, 2006 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry your first night was so bad, but that is to be expected. the first night after any surgery is the worst. I didn't bring you any chicken soup, but Tony and I should have gotten a mention!! Love Auntie Ro

June 02, 2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

July 17, 2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

July 19, 2006 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters