Thursday, June 01, 2006

Worst Night of my Life...

Nights don't get much worse than last night. So I took Vicodin a 6:15pm, and I didn't take another one until 11 (you should take one every 4 hours, but it wasn't hurting). By the time I took it at 11, it was too late, once the pain is already there, it's hard to get rid of. Between 11pm and 3am, I got 20 minutes of sleep. The rest of the time was spent either just laying in bed, praying that the pain would go away just for seconds so I could have some relief, or tossing and turning while trying to keep my feet elevated. The pain was unbearable at times and a few times I had tears in my eyes. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no pain and 10 being severe pain, last night I would rate myself at a 7 or maybe even 8 at times. The left foot went numb, the right one killed. Then the right one went numb, I was able to sleep for 20 minutes, then the left one woke up and I couldn't sleep anymore. At 3:00am, I took 1 1/2 Vicodin pills, and fell asleep within a few minutes and slept until about 9:30am, only waking up a few times but with minimal pain.

The pain felt like a permanent Charlie Horse...you know when your muscles in your leg pull for what seems to be eternity. That's how it felt in both of my feet, only that sensation didn't go away. I can't imagine hell being much worse haha.

This morning I feel MUCH better. The swelling went down a little bit and I took a Vicodin around 9:45 before the pain got anywhere near uncomfortable. I'm just going to have to stay on top of it. As soon as I feel a tinge of pain, I'm poppin' that pill. Going to the bathroom is easier and I'm getting used to scooting on the ground haha. Today is going to be spent laying in my bed and on the couch downstairs, watching TV, reading, playing Sudoku, and enjoying my nani and grandpa's food again :-) Exciting? You bet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

July 17, 2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

July 19, 2006 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters